Saturday, July 20, 2013

Met a really cool long haired Kid in Hillcrest at the bookstore...

Tonight I went to see the movie, The Way Way Back. It was showing at the Landmark Theater in Hillcrest/San Diego. As I was leaving the bar near bye, I saw something that looked like my card case on the sidewalk. I picked it up and it had someone's ID and a few credit cards. I started to call the person's AAA number to try to contact the owner...then I looked up and there was the guy. I walked up and said, "is this yours"...he said, where'd you find it? He shook my hand and thanked me for finding and returning it to him. I had about a little time before the movie started so I went in and looked at some clothes in Urban Outfitter...looked at a few of Banksy's books as well. Then walked towards Buffalo Exchange. Then, this beautiful long haired boy jogged bye me. We both had to stop and wait for the light to change so we could cross the street. He then went into a bookstore. I thought, am I really going to do this?. Back in the day I used to give out my business cards all the time. So, I thought awhile...approached him with my card. He was very kind and seemed somewhat interested. One never knows what kind of response will happen. What was refreshing is that he was in an actual bookstore looking at books...not on the computer. I'd love to hear from him, have no idea if he will call or email. We'll see... ~Terry

No comments: