Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thinking of BRAY

I'm thinking of Bray, he would be 21 tomorrow...I'm sad because some people that are supposed to be a friend...they just fucking don't get it. Sure, I love what I do, I take pictures of beautiful young guys...so, does that mean I can't enjoy my life. There is a price to pay, to create art, make friends with those that are younger...those that think I'm "the shit"...(a compliment)...they love my photography and sometimes they love me too. Who knows, maybe I will finish this film...maybe not. All I know is photography keeps me alive; being alive can be a good thing. I wish Bray was here so I could hold him...walk on the beach and reflect on what's going on...all around us.

Selah,

~T

4 comments:

Mojo said...

hey bro, I was going to write you asking about Bray, if you where maybe going to do something for him or for his birthday but I thought it would upset you.
i know we don't know each other but you and your blog(work) are my place to escape to, my secret place to run too, that place I can let down my guard. So you & your feeling do matter to me, to a lot of us out here...just maybe it doesn't feel that way all the time.
Anyways, I had a small ice cream cake for Bray, lite a candle, and said a prayer for Bray & his family & friends....and oh yeah, thanks Mojo oxoxox

Terry Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terry Smith said...

Okay, second attempt to leave a comment on my own damn blog. What I wanted to say was "thanks" Joseph. I was in contact with Bray's mother...told her how I want her to help me tell Bray's story in my documentary...the plan is to end my film with Bray's story...at least our friendship and my trip to SF. It looks like a Gallery in Los Angeles is going to show some of my photography...if you and friends are able to come, please do. I'll try to remember to post something somewhere so people will know. Take care,

~Terry

Findingnestor said...

C'EST SUPER/ LO MAX/ THE BEST.

www.mymanekinekonest.blogspot.com